Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A List Of Packaged Foods


Energy Economy – Lists
A list of packaged easy foods

This is just a sort of jump off point.  It’s not a comprehensive list, just a few ideas to get the ball rolling.  Try to get the healthiest versions possible of any packaged foods you choose .  (See Energy Economy - Food Part 1 for the reason behind this post.)



Mozarella sticks
Baby carrots
Fruit
Cottage cheese
Yoghurt
Hummus
Canned soup
Frozen fruits and vegetables
Peanut/almond butter
All natural jelly
Dried fruit
Nuts
Frozen eggrolls
Lean pockets
Popcorn
Sandwich meats
Bread
Granola or fruit bars
Cereal and milk/almond milk.  Get as healthy a cereal as you can.
Crackers
Veggie plate
 Applesauce

So, that’s what I have come up with.  What easy food do you keep in stock?  Would you add something to the list?  Won’t you share with us?



photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/theperplexingparadox/5571127237/">theperplexingparadox</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">cc</a>

3 comments:

  1. When I am in a bigger city-- I stock up on Trader Joe's frozen foods. I like their Eggplant Parmesan. I just put it in the toaster oven. From our local HEB I am trying Boomerang's handheld Aussie -- spinach and mushroom pies. I get the central market brand of filled pastas. I am allergic to soy and I am vegetarian so I try to stock up on easy foods that are healthier when I have that option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestion! Stocking up on healthy freezer meals when you have the option is a really good idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, nuts, cereal, and smoothie ingredients. Couldn't survive without them.

    ReplyDelete